Marie has a broad range of experience in litigation and dispute resolution across multiple industries.
She has carriage of a combination of complex medical negligence, professional disciplinary, intentional tort claims and administrative applications. Marie provides strategic advice for a number of the firm’s key clients, including Australia’s largest medical defence organisation.
Marie is committed to delivering favourable and cost-effective outcomes for her clients, who welcome her pragmatic and resolute approach to all matters.
Marie was a finalist for the 2021 Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Litigation & Dispute Resolution award.
- Medical negligence litigation in the Supreme and District Courts of NSW.
- Disciplinary inquiries and prosecutions before the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal.
- Unlitigated matters and complaints before the Health Care Complaints Commission.
- Inquests and public inquiries.
- Privacy, data protection and regulatory compliance obligations.
- Intentional torts, including false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, assault / battery, and defamation.
- Judicial review and administrative applications, including those under the Restricted Premises Act and the Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act.