Kate specialises in defendant medical negligence claims and coronial inquests.
Since 2016, Kate has acted in coronial proceedings and inquests and has defended complex medical negligence claims, including personal injury and Compensation to Relatives' Act claims. Her practice extends to all NSW Courts and jurisdictions and she frequently appears in the District Court, Supreme Court and State Coroner’s Court. She provides advice to her clients on complex liability, causation, contribution and quantum issues. In the Coronial jurisdiction, Kate deals with sensitive matters and is experienced in presenting evidence of relevant systemic improvements.
Kate represents her clients with pride, ensuring their interests are protected and strives to achieve excellent and cost-effective outcomes.
Kate regularly presents educational sessions to her clients and develops and tailors seminars to suit client needs.
- Medical negligence and health law
- Coronial inquests and inquiries
- Correctional / custodial health
- Multi-party litigation and claims for indemnity and/or contribution
- Personal injury, including catastrophic claims
- Compensation to relatives and nervous shock claims