David is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, he has practiced law for more than two decades, the last ten years of which have been focussed on building and construction litigation, including assisting and advising Owners Corporations in litigation.
He is a member of Strata Community Australia (NSW) and the Society of Construction Law (Australia).
David's expertise in building and construction includes advising and assisting clients on construction defect claims and building contracts, contract disputes, claims under the Building and Construction Industry (Security of Payments) Act and home owners warranty insurance claims. David has a particular interest in acting for Owners Corporations in a wide range of building and construction issues.
David is a member of the International Bar Association and also has over 10 years' experience in commercial litigation through the local courts with a particular focus on debt recovery.
When experience matters, you can rely upon us
- Complex claims against builders, developers and building professionals, including construction defect claims and contract disputes.
- Claims under the Building and Construction Industry (Security of Payments) Act and home owners warranty insurance claims.
- Litigation in the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal, District Court and Supreme Court of NSW and other jurisdictions.
- Claims for damages in relation to nuisance and trespass.
- Indemnity issues under HOW Insurance Policies, including the operation of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth).
- Claims for misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Commercial litigation including debt recovery.